Boy do I have a treat for you today!!! If I know my followers, I know a lot of you are going to enjoy today’s guest. I want to thank Jihan, from The Hachette Book Group for giving me the opportunity of hosting today’s guest, New York Times Bestselling Author, Roxanne St. Claire!!
ROXANNE ST. CLAIRE
Roxanne St. Claire is a New York Times bestselling author of more than twenty novels. She currently writes romance for Grand Central/Forever, including the popular “Guardian Angelinos” series and also penned an eight-book award winning series called The Bullet Catchers. Next year, Delacorte Press will release her first Young Adult novel, which has been optioned as a feature film. She resides in Florida.
Visit her website: www.roxannestclaire.com
It’s Raining Kisses! Roxanne St. Claire
As I write this, I’m watching Hurricane Sandy dump buckets of rain on the east coast of Florida and that makes me want to…kiss. What can I say? I’m a romance writer. And I am celebrating the release of Barefoot in the Rain, a book with a few hot kisses in the rain.
A real kiss in the rain is probably not as glamorous as in books and movies. I mean, what a mess, right? Your hair is matted, you mascara smears, I bet it’s cold with all that water pouring over you! But that’s why we call it fiction, folks! I did a little research and have come up with my five favorite “rain kisses” in the movies…and there is no shortage of them! To compile my list, I got some ideas from my Facebook fans (thanks, guys!) and my own memory. My five favorite rain kisses, in order…
5. Four Weddings and A Funeral. This kiss makes the list because Hugh Grant is so adorable in this movie and the kiss is amazing. Andie MacDowell’s line (“Is it raining? I hadn’t noticed.”) does fall into the cheeseball category, but bruised Hugh gets high marks for his one of a kind grovel and a lopsided proposal.
4. The Notebook. This one’s so visually stunning, it made the movie poster! Also, the hero’s line is sheer perfection. “It wasn’t over. It still isn’t over.” Then Ryan Gosling does a perfect snag and crush kiss and we all melt in the rain. Nice.
3. Spider Man – This one got a lot of votes as a memorable romantic moment in an otherwise high-action film. Naturally, Spidey has to do it upside down. Would we expect any less?
2. Breakfast at Tiffanys – I recently watched this with my daughter, expecting her to hate this blast to the past in this 1960’s classic. But she fell in love with Audrey Hepburn (who wouldn’t?) and we were both teary during the incredible “the end” kiss in the rain with George Peppard. Of course, the cat steals the scene!
1. A Cinderella Story — the “touchdown” kiss. This is my all time favorite but not because it’s the most swoonworthy of all kisses. As rain kisses go, it’s very chaste and sweet , like the film itself. I chose this kiss for #1 because I. Love. This. Movie. I find it completely charming and simply cannot bear to pass up Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray when I’m channel surfing. The movie is in my personal top ten rom com flicks, so the adorable kiss during the first drop of rain following a California drought it definitely delicious for me.
Bonus: Not a rain kiss but since we’re in Barefoot Bay, that secluded and romantic inlet that is the setting for all four books in the series, how about a great beach kiss, too? My favorite is from the classic From Here to Eternity…is that not the best sandy kiss ever? Wet enough to qualify for Rain Kisses, this one Iands a special place of honor on our list.
What’s on YOUR rain kiss list? Leave a comment below and one winner gets a “Barefoot Bundle” — copies of Barefoot in the Sun and, of course, this week’s brand new release, Barefoot in the Rain!
ABOUT THE BOOK
THANKS TO JIHAN, FROM THE HACHETTE BOOK GROUP, I HAVE
TWO (2) COPIES TO GIVEAWAY. U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.
CLICK HERE TO BRING YOU TO
THE GIVEAWAY ENTRY PAGE
I received a copy of this book, at no charge to me,
in exchange for my honest review.
No items that I receive
are ever sold…they are kept by me,
or given to family and/or friends.