If you have followed my blog over these past few years, then you know that I am addicted to Reading Challenges!!
Even though, for the past couple of months, I haven’t done much reading due to being busy with tours for Partners In Crime Tours and Providence Book Promotions, I did complete some of the many challenges that I signed on for in 2012. I do miss my quality reading time and hope that I will get back into my routine soon.
I am going to try, yes TRY, to only sign up for those challenges that I have participated in and completed in the past. And a couple that I still haven’t completed but figure some day I will, like the 100+ book challenge.
Over the past couple of weeks, I have been getting emails from A Novel Challenge, notifying me of Challenges that have been posted and I have decided on some that I will be signing up for. There are others, that I’m hoping will be hosted again, and will add those to my list. But for now, here are the ones I will be signing up for today.
What about you? Are you a Reading Challenge addict? Which ones do you plan to participate in for 2013?
As bloggers we are all on timetables to read books, get reviews posted, host giveaways, etc. But we also travel around to other blogs and see books we would just like to read because of their recommendation or the cover or title catches our interest. The Meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey “It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?” adds more books to my Wish List and To-Be-Read pile every week.
This reading challenge is hosted by Escape with Dollycas Into A Good Book. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
The 2013 Ebook Challenge. Encouraging readers to expand past just physical books to embrace ebooks in all forms, whether on Kindle, Kobo, computer, or any other reader.
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc.).
- Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
- You can plan your books in advance or as you read them.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Floppy disk – 5 ebooks
- CD – 10 ebooks
- DVD – 25 ebooks
- Memory stick – 50 ebooks
- Hard drive – 75 ebooks
- Server – 100 ebooks
- Human brain – 150 ebooks
This reading challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.
What’s your reading goal for 2013? If it’s to read more books, then this is the reading challenge for you! There have been almost 400 readers who wanted to outdo themselves so far. Are you up for the challenge?
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013 (books read prior to 1/1/2013 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime.Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2013 than you did in 2012. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down.
- Books can be any format (bound, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are at least 100 pages in length, as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
This reading challenge is hosted by The Book Vixen. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.