You can stop laughing now!!!! LOL
OK…I know I said I was going to cut back this year on challenges BUT my willpower caved. However, I’m not even close to how many I signed up for 2012. My thinking is, and hoping you “buy” my rationale lol since I have justified it to myself. Since I did complete some, there were others that I didn’t even make a dent so I have to keep trying, right? Right? Help me out here, please lol.
This one I didn’t complete in 2012 but enjoyed it. Plus I asked Lori from Escape With Dollycas Into a Good Book, to host it since the blog that had hosted it is no longer. Here are the rules, plus I just LOVE the button.
I really enjoyed this challenge this year!
I see the blog that hosted it is no longer in the blogosphere so I have decided to host it myself.
This challenge will run from January 1st, 2012 until December 31st, 2013.
You can join anytime.
So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z challenge.
A – Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – The Azalea Assault B- Blue Monday C – Crops and Robbers D – A Deadly Grind etc.
B – How I plan to do it: Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Hope that by the end of the year you have read one book for each letter. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.
Ready to join??
Bloggers grab the button and make a post about the challenge to encourage others to join! Use the post URL in the linky below.
Non-bloggers you can join too! Just keep track any way you wish and enter a link below if available or sign up in the comment section.
Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book as there may be special announcements made about the challenge.
This next one I did complete but am going to give this one a little twist to it for 2013. Since I joined this community 3+ years ago, 99% of the books I read are obtained from authors, publishers, publicists, agents, etc. In 2013, not only will I keep track of the titles but give credit to those that have kindly and generously provided me with the book.
BA’s 2013 Free Reads Reading Challenge
The Finer Deets
- The Main Rule: Read books you’ve received without purchasing and you haven’t read yet. Books include gifts, ARCs, prizes, rescue books, but does not include library or other loaned books, and yes you can read new releases.
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back toBookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on thereview page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- For Me? – Choose 5 books to read
- On The Cheap – Choose 15 books to read
- Bargain – Choose 30 books to read
- Presents – Choose 50 books to read
- So Free – Choose 75 books to read
- Gift Addict – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Speechless – Choose between 136-200 books to read
I love a good mystery, my favorite authors include Agatha Christie, James Patterson, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; so I thought that having a reading challenge for 2013 that includes reading mystery/crime novels and short stories would be fun, even if I turn out to be the only one participating! So here are the rules should you want to join in the fun:
1.) The challenge starts January 1, 2013 and ends December 31, 2013.
2.) You can read any novel, short story or author just so that the genre is mystery/crime.
3.) 1 novel counts as 1 novel( 1 novel is anything over 100 pages) of course but you will have to read 5 short stories to count as 1 novel.
4.) There will be a monthly post for you to add a link or links to your post showing the progress that you have made so far.
5.) Each month there will be a drawing for those that linked up their participation in the challenge for that month the prize is a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble or Amazon. These gift cards are delivered via email so you can only use it at Barnes and Noble.com not the store and of course Amazon is all online anyway.
If you don’t have a blog you can also link up through GoodReads or Flickr (for Flickr just keep track by having a picture of the novel and then numbering them in the description so I know where you are at in the challenge).
If you read a certain number of novels you receive a rank at the end I will award a secret prize to the person who reads the most books:
5 books= Detective
10 books = Sergeant
15 books = Lieutenant
20 books = Captain
25 books = Chief
30+ books = Sherlock Holmes
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post
Since I read some debut novels this year that blew me away, I thought that this challenge would be fun. This will be the first time participating.
Hosted by DDS at Book R3vi3ws
1. Read as many books as possible, by authors that YOU haven’t read before.
2. You do not have to be a blogger to participate.
3. Books read may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
4. The books can overlap with other reading challenges.
5. Post your links to your reviews each month to share with other participants.
6. The challenge runs from January 1, 2013 to December 1, 2013. Its never too late to Join In!
How To Sign-Up and Join In:
1. Choose a challenge level listed below.
2. Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of Authors/Books is optional).
3. Grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to b00k r3vi3ws.
4. Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Linky List and enter your link.
5. Not a Blogger? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
6. Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the Review List.
7. Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up List.
Amateur : Choose to read 1 – 10 New Authors
Lover : Choose to read 11 – 20 New Authors
Expert : Choose to read 20 – 25 New Authors
Fanatic : Choose to read 25 or above New Authors
When talking about this challenge on Twitter, please use the hastag (#FirstReads). It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back!
On January 1, I’ll publish a Post with all the Linky Lists and instructions on how to add the links as you finish up reading & reviewing a book. You’ll be able to find these posts during the year by clicking on the button in the sidebar. (I’ll create those links on January 1.)