2017 READING CHALLENGES
More challenges!! And I’m sure more to come. I didn’t participate in Challenges during the past 2 years, while I was on LOA, so I might as well go all in! Plus, the prediction is for a very cold and snowy winter here in New England, so I will be hibernating with my books.
Once again the categories will be more open–the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For “implies color” the image implying color should dominate the cover–for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter. Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2017.
Once I have a chance to look over my TBR list I’ll see if I’m able to do the colors this year. It’s getting harder and harder to do that from my own stacks. Once again there will not be a prize offered for this particular challenge this year.
Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with “Blue” or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with “Red” or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
3. A book with “Yellow” or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with “Green” or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
5. A book with “Brown” or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with “Black” or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
7. A book with “White” or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2017 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 1, 2017.
*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader’s Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don’t connect to just your home page. Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*Please use the Review Headquarters Page (sidebar link coming in January) to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge. [Reviews are not required–but we’d love to see what you think about the books that you’ve read if you do review.]
2017 You Read How Many Books?
Guidelines are pretty simple. You’ll have all year to read your books so go ahead and stretch yourself.
1. Choose a Level
Level 1: 100 minimum
Level 2: 150
Level 3: 200
Level 4: 250 or more
2. You may move up a level but not down.
3. You don’t need a blog to participate. Feel free to link to a Goodreads shelf or another public profile where everyone can see your books.
4. Reviews are not necessary but a list of books is. There will be a link up for reviews if you wish to post them.
5. All formats allowed as long as the book has an isbn or equivalent and can be purchased/borrowed, the book counts.
6. Individual short stories in a collection and individual books of the Bible do not count.
7. Crossovers from other challenges count – they’d have too!
8. Books started before January 1st, 2017 don’t count.
100 books!!??!! Going to give it my best shot!