A baker with secrets
Witches in trouble
The cameras are rolling
Ready, set, die.
Poppy Wilkinson is thrilled to be chosen as a contestant on The Great British Baking Contest. As an American with English roots, winning the crown as Britain’s Best Baker would open doors she’s dreamed of. In more ways than one. Appearing on the reality show is her chance to get into Broomewode Hall and uncover the secrets of her past.
But strange things are happening on the show’s set: accusations of sabotage, a black cat that shadows Poppy, suspiciously unsociable residents at Broomewode Hall—and the judges can be real witches.
There are murmurs that Broomewode is an energy vortex. It certainly makes Poppy see and do things that aren’t exactly normal, and seems to draw interesting characters to the neighborhood.
When a fellow contestant dies in mysterious circumstances, Poppy has more to worry about than burned pies and cakes that won’t rise. There’s a murderer on the loose and it’s up to Poppy and her new friends to solve the crime before it becomes a real show-stopper.
From USA Today Bestselling Author Nancy Warren, this delicious series of cozy paranormal mysteries will have you guessing until the end. Includes recipes.
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than seventy novels, including the best selling Vampire Knitting Club series and the Toni Diamond mysteries. She’s from Vancouver, though she tends to wander. She holds an MA in Creative Writing from Bath Spa university, appeared on the front page of the New York Times when her book Speed Dating launched the Harlequin/Nascar series. She was also the answer to a clue in a crossword puzzle in Canada’s National Post newspaper.
10 facts about Poppy Wilkinson that the reader doesn’t know
Hi and thanks for having me.
Ten facts about Poppy Wilkinson that the reader doesn’t know.
1. Poppy grew up in Seattle and her first job was babysitting for the founder of a huge multinational software manufacturer.
2. She loves the ocean but when she first tried water skiing she got pulled under head first again and again leaving nothing above the water line but her blue bathing suit-clad butt. Naturally, the video went viral.
3. Because her parents both worked, Poppy used to bake after school and often made dinner for the family. The family dog used to hang around in the kitchen and wait for her to drop things. She became deliberately clumsy, especially when cooking Bingo’s favorite foods.
4. Because she was adopted, she never knew who her birth parents were, but she knew she was from England. For a while she was convinced that David Beckham and Posh Spice were her parents.
5. She tried out for the soccer team at school and spent most of the season on the bench.
6. She tried to start an all-girl band but her friends refused to join as she couldn’t sing in tune. At this point, she stopped believing that Posh and Becks were her mum and dad.
7. She’s a contestant in the Great British Baking Show and she has a little superstitious ritual. Before she starts baking, she kisses the palm of her hand and puts it against the oven for good luck.
8. Baking calms her and helps her solve problems. She’s been known to bake muffins at four in the morning when she can’t sleep. Usually, when she’s finished, the solution to her problem is there.
9. She was the captain of the swim team her senior year in high school but she prefers swimming in lakes and the ocean to swimming pools.
10. She reads cook books for pleasure, the way other people read novels. She also collects old and obscure cookbooks.
Read an excerpt:
Visit these other great hosts on this tour for more great reviews, interviews, guest posts, and giveaways!
This is a rafflecopter giveaway hosted by Partners in Crime Virtual Book Tours for Nancy Warren. There will be 2 winners of one (1) Amazon.com Gift Card each. The giveaway begins on February 1, 2020 and runs through March 2, 2020. Void where prohibited.