by Cara Putman
on Tour April 1-30, 2020
Bestselling author Cara Putman returns with a romantic legal thriller that will challenge the assumptions of truth tellers everywhere.
Savannah Daniels has worked hard to build her law practice, to surround herself with good friends, and to be the loyal aunt her troubled niece can always count on. But since her ex-husband’s betrayal, she has trouble trusting anyone.
Jett Glover’s father committed suicide over a false newspaper report that ruined his reputation. Now a fierce champion of truth, Jett is writing the story of his journalism career—an international sex-trafficking exposé that will bring down a celebrity baseball player and the men closest to him, including Savannah’s ex-husband.
When Jett’s story breaks, tragedy ensues. Then a commercial airline crashes, and one of Savannah’s clients is implicated in the crash. Men connected to the scandal, including her ex, begin to die amid mysterious circumstances, and Savannah’s niece becomes an unwitting target.
Against their better instincts, Jett and Savannah join ranks to sort the facts from fiction. But can Savannah trust the reporter who threw her life into chaos? And can Jett face the possibility that he’s made the biggest mistake of his life?
Genre: Political/Romantic Suspense
Published by: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: April 7th 2020
Number of Pages: 336
ISBN: 078523327X (ISBN13: 9780785233275)
Series: This is a Stand Alone Novel
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
Cara Putman is the author of more than twenty-five legal thrillers, historical romances, and romantic suspense novels. She has won or been a finalist for honors including the ACFW Book of the Year and the Christian Retailing’s BEST Award. Cara graduated high school at sixteen, college at twenty, completed her law degree at twenty-seven, and recently received her MBA. She is a practicing attorney, teaches undergraduate and graduate law courses at a Big Ten business school, and is a homeschooling mom of four. She lives with her husband and children in Indiana.
Ten Facts about Savannah Daniels
1. Savannah Daniels is based on the woman who was my mentor in law school. Victoria made all the difference in that first year and then became a dear friend. She’s one of the people I still miss years after we left the DC area. I only hope I’m half the mentor to my students that Victoria was to me.
2. Savannah wants to be a good sister, but sometimes it’s really hard. I think she’s like a lot of in that respect. We want to be the person our family members need, but family has a way of putting us off balance.
3. She doesn’t want to be a loner, but she’s never sure where she fits. Even with the gals she mentors, she doesn’t quite fit…especially as their lives begin to look like the life she’d imagined but doesn’t have.
4. Savannah is stuck in the past, but hasn’t been willing to acknowledge it. That means she can’t move forward because she hasn’t released the things that have her trapped.
5. Her favorite idea of an evening is curling up with a good book from her favorite author.
6. If she could travel anywhere she’d start with Israel and then move to Budapest. There’s something about the birthplace of her faith that grabs her heart. And once she read that the castle in Budapest had been destroyed and rebuilt three times, it got added to her bucket list.
7. Savannah’s niece is the child she never had in so many ways. She’s grateful for the special relationship even when it adds tension to her relationship with her sister.
8. Savannah lives in the neighborhood we did when we lived in DC. It’s such a fun spot, basically a small town tucked inside the beltway.
9. Savannah finds too much of her identity in being excellent in all she does. That’s why her failed marriage is still a wound fifteen years later.
10. What Savannah doesn’t see in herself that those around her do is that she readily lends her strength to others. She is a rock for those who need her and will do anything for her people. That is a gift that makes her the mentor figure for the Hidden Justice heroines and for her niece.
Visit her at:
CaraPutman.com, Goodreads, BookBub, Instagram, Twitter – @Cara_Putman, & Facebook – Cara.Putman!
Read an excerpt:
Visit these other great hosts on this tour for more great reviews, interviews, guest posts, and giveaways!
Enter To Win!!!!:
This is a rafflecopter giveaway hosted by Partners in Crime Virtual Book Tours for Cara Putman and Thomas Nelson. There will be 2 winners. Each winner will receive a set of three (3) print copies by Cara Putman. The giveaway begins on April 1, 2020 and runs through May 2, 2020. Open to U.S. addresses only. Void where prohibited.