Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?
Absolutely !!!! Especially before purchasing a book, even if it is a book by some of my favorite authors. The first thing I do is read the jacket after picking up a book. And even read the jackets of the books I have purchased and haven’t read yet, and there are many of those on my shelves being a book addict, to choose what book to read next depending on my mood.
TALK & THOUGHTS
I am a cable news junkie…I admit….and I always have the TV on and tuned in to either CNN or FOX News. I don’t necessarily sit and watch but listen if there is a “news alert”. Even when I read the sound on the tv is low. But since the earthquake hit Haiti, I have not been able to read but have been watching. The images are horrific and unimaginable. I feel guilty sitting here safe in my home being able to blog while our brothers, sisters and children of our Lord are dealing with this devastation and the unfathomable numbers of those who have lost their life and loved ones. Please keep them in your prayers.
I received this email earlier and thought it was inspiring and wanted to share it…kind of lengthy but definitely worth the read:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2.. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours every day.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about..
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
13.. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum
that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything..
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
And one last thing…I have been reading posts of those bloggers who were involved in Bloggiesta this past weekend and have learned even more. So I will be doing a minor makeover so please bare with me if you visit and my blog is undergoing renovation.
Have a great Thursday !!!!