1. Favorite childhood book?
Diary of Anne Frank
2. What are you reading right now?
Live To Tell by Lisa Gardner
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
None because of all of the books that are in the house now.
4. Bad book habit?
Reading while sitting on a pool float..it doesn’t stay completely dry.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Yes. Hubby bought me a Sony EReader.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I’m a one book gal, always have been.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes. I am more cognizant that I need to read more especially for “requested review books”. But then, I also, have to put time into my blog to keep it current.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
There have been a few, but I will say The Price of Revenge which was a book that I couldn’t finish this week.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Many!!! But will name the debut authors that I found to be so talented. (No particular order)
*Bill Walker A Note from an Old Acquaintance and a manuscript he asked me to read, Titanic 2012.
*Vincent Zandri Moonlight Falls and one that is in my pile which I can’t wait to get to..The Remains
*Chevy Stevens Still Missing
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Suspense/Mystery. Contemporary Literature/Romance
13. Can you read on the bus?
I haven’t been on a bus in a couple of years but I would think I could.
14. Favorite place to read?
There are few..my reading recliner in my family room, on a float in the pool, bed.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
I do not lend signed books. But all others, I pass them on.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
I used to but broke that habit.
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
That was 30 yrs ago, and yes, I did. I also highlighted.
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English, only language I know.
20. What makes you love a book?
Feeling like I am part of the story, so engrossed that I am not aware of what is going on around me, relatable and come to life characters, what I call “just one more chapter”, a hate to put down.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If it is “a must read”
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
24. Favorite biography?
The most recent biography was Audition by Barbara Walters
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favorite cookbook?
My grandmother’s notebook filled with her recipes. She was a phenomenal cook and I always helped her. Such great memories.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
It was the end of last year and it was The Left Behind Series.
28. Favorite reading snack?
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
None coming to mind…sorry..only on 1st cup of coffee
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Since finding the book blogging community, I consider bloggers critics. And would say the majority of the time
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Those are, for me, the hardest to write. I try and find something positive because I understand that every author puts their heart and soul into a book and it’s like their child.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Italian since that is my heritage.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
None coming to mind.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
I wouldn’t call it intimidating, but any book for a requested review, that I can’t finish.
35. Favorite Poet?
Do not read Poetry.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
It would be approximately 4-6
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
Just a few.
38. Favorite fictional character?
39. Favorite fictional villain?
The monster/freak in Still Missing
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Books of my favorite genre.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
About 5 years ago, I went into a huge slump that lasted close to a year.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
One that happened this week, The Price of Revenge
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
N/A not a movie person
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
The story drags and I put off picking it back up.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I usually pass them on.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Still Missing because of the premise
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
None coming to mind
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
I feel that every book is pleasure reading.
Wow!! That took some time….but I got through it and will be sharing with all!!
1. Favorite childhood book?