How is everyone today? Did Santa treat you well? Are you exhausted? Glad it’s over? I think it is kind of sad that we get stressed out, trying to get everything done, not having enough hours in the day and in a snap of your fingers, it is over. I hope that everyone got to spend a wonderful time with family and friends, shared memories, laughed a lot, ate too much, and of course, got a book related present. And now,as book bloggers, we have something else to look forward to…..our 2011 Challenges!!!!
Hosted by Kayla at The Eclectic Element
Slapdash Sunday is a day for your proverbial week ‘leftovers.’ Is there something you wanted to say, but just forgot? Is there something you want to write about, but isn’t worth a whole page? Do you have a random thought, funny or otherwise that needs to be written down?
That is what Slapdash Sunday is for!
Last week I mentioned that I have been doing a lot of reflecting over the past couple of weeks as I wrap up 2010, my first full year of blogging, and preparing for 2011. I have learned a lot and know there is much more to learn. They say “change is good” so am going to try some new blog related issues to see what works better. I am also going to make a big New Year’s resolution and may need your help with it lol. Also, my bloggy friend Gina from Hott Books has decided that I need to join Bloggiesta in January and has generously offered to help me with the computer issues. Because of this, there may be even more changes that I am not yet aware of.
Here are a few changes that I am going to implement for 2011.
1. BIGGIE…being able to say NO to so many requests…..ROFLMAO (this is where I need help)
2. Have modified my “Review Policy” whereas I will guarantee 3-4 review requests per month for ARCs, agreed upon by author/agent and myself if I receive book 6-8 weeks before date. If not, I will review requests in the order of receiving as I have done in 2010.
3. In 2010 every book I read was in the order received, however, I signed up for the Just For Fun Challenge hosted by Lori from Dollycas’s Thoughts. So I will be taking the liberty of, whereas, that each month, I will select 1 book of my choosing, from either my tbr request pile (out of sequence) or my tbr personal bucket list pile to read.
4. I hope that the above 2 changes will not cause too much of an inconvenience to those that are on my TBR Request Reading Schedule
5. Set aside one day per week to draft 7+ future posts: daily memes, Guest Author and giveaways (hoping that this will cut down daily computer time to allow more reading time).
Which brings me to today’s topic. Are you making any 2011 book blogging resolutions? Are you making any changes regarding your requests, reading, blogging issues? Do you have any suggestions that you think I need to or should make? Any items that you think I should continue or delete? Would love to hear your thoughts!!! Let’s have a Slapdash Discussion!!!
Last year hubby bought me a Sony EReader PRS600, which I feel have both pros and cons. One of the biggest negative was that it came with absolutely no operating instructions. Does anyone own one of these because I would love to know how to archive a book read and/or mark it as read. Since I suffer from “senior moments”, I have to keep another spread sheet (more work) to list what is in my library and what I have read.
Another question is, for those who do own EReaders, do you own more than one, different makes? I received GC to Amazon and am wondering if I should put it towards a Kindle, which there is a model now priced at $139.00?
I find that the majority of time, an Amazon GC is given, which the ebooks from Amazon are not compatible with my Sony EReader. Also another negative with the Sony is the battery life, which is only a few days before needing to be recharged whereas I just read that the above Kindle has a battery life of a month. Or do you own a Nook? Have you compared the different makes and models? What do you have or want? What are the pros and cons of your EReader? Would love to read your reviews of the EReader you own!!!
Let’s have a Slapdash Review!!!!