This week, Marce from Tea Time With Marce, is hosting her 2nd annual Thrill Fest. If you would like to join in, click on the above image. Last year I had signed up to participate but RL prohibited me from actually taking part in it. So I’m really excited to see what she has in store since, as most of you know, mystery and suspense are my favorite genre of books to read. This is the first task.
Thrill Ride Questionnaire – all responses relating to Genres: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense and or Horror
1) Introduce yourself
Hi Everyone and Welcome to CMash Reads (formerly aka CMash Loves To Read). This December will be my 3rd year of book blogging and reviewing.
I have been married for 31 years (you can approximately guess my age lol) with 2 phenomenal sons that I am so proud of, however, they both live out of state due to jobs :(, which they both were hired within 2 months of graduating college in their respective fields. My youngest son just recently got engaged and we are thrilled. I am a former RN.
In June of 2011, I became a partner in Partners In Crime Tours, a virtual PR tour company for authors of mystery, suspense and crime novels. On July 13th, my partner turned the reins over to me. We recently have teamed up with ITW (International Thrill Writers) and recently ran a tour at the request of Harper Collins for Laura Lippman’s newest book, And When She Was Good. If anyone is interested in becoming a host/reviewer for our group, please leave your email and I will provide more details or you can visit our site at www.partnersincrimetours.net
2) What has been your top 3 reads this year? Link your reviews
Hard question because there have been many this year. Of course I would have to list my favorite author, Vincent Zandri, and 2 debut books that I read for Partners In Crime Tours.
Murder Takes Time by Giacomo Giammatteo (review will be unveiled on Aug. 15th but was a 5 star read)
3) What are you currently reading during Thrill Week?
The Prophet by Ethan Cross (another Partners In Crime Tours novel)
4) Do you have an all time favourite cover in the genres above?
Another hard question because there are a lot but the 3 I mentioned above
5) What debut author(s) or new to you author(s) have you read within the last 12 months that have impressed you?
Many…so here goes…..in order that they were read.
Mark Gilleo, Peter Leonard, Steena Holmes, Helga Zeiner, Giacomo Giammatteo
6) Favourite trilogy or series you recommend to others to read in the genres above?
Moonlight by Vincent Zandri and the first in the series of Murder Takes Time by Giacomo Giammatteo
7) What popular author(s) have you NOT read but is on your Wishlist?
I’m hoping to find new ones this week.
8) Other than blogs, share with us what other tools you use or subscribe to in order to keep up with the latest news on authors, new releases, book tours, etc?
9) What current book is hyped among the blogosphere that you want to read or are not interested in? Why or why not or link your review if you have read it.
I haven’t seen any in this genre but would like to read the new Lisa Jackson.
10) What is most important in these genres to you? Plot, characters, location, dialogue, red herrings, narrator or what mix of them?
Definitely plot, characters, dialogue and an ending that I didn’t see coming.
11) Recommend a book made into movie you thought both were good?
I’m not a movie person so can’t answer this question
12) Recommend a book you would like to discuss with others and possibly the author? Note – I will do a poll with participant’s choices at the end of Thrill Week and then we can agree on a date for Q&A. I will try and arrange the chosen author to participate.
Giacomo Giammatteo, author of Murder Takes Time