1. My favorite subject in school was _______________.
2. An extracurricular activity I participated in was ___________________________.
3. I want to learn _________.
4. It takes courage to _________.
1. My favorite subject in school was 11th grade English.
I was ecstatic when I found out I was assigned to Mr. Baxter’s class! Why? His curriculum was to read and write a book report every week. Most of my classmates weren’t as enthusiastic as I was. Since I had always been a reader, this class, for me, was more fun than work.
2. An extracurricular activity I participated in was being on the yearbook staff and part of the social committee.
3. I want to learn how to speed read because there are so many books I want to read and so little time.
2.The best part of last week was ____________________.
3. Every summer, I _________.
4. Once upon a time, _________.
1. It is what it is.
Right before I opened my email for this week’s Fill-Ins, my husband and I were having a discussion and he said these exact words. I thought it ironic when I saw what the first fill-in for the week was..
2. The best part of last week was I finished my Spring cleaning and started getting excited and ready for the upcoming long Holiday weekend because my son, who lives out of state, his wife, and my granddaughter came in last night to stay with us!!!!.
3. Every summer, I look forward to either sitting by and/or in the pool on my float reading. And at night sitting on the deck by the fire pit reading, sometimes with a nice chilled glass of wine. Since I’m a Summer person, I just wish the season was longer..
4. Once upon a time, I was younger and thinner.
I sometimes think if I could be granted a do-over, it would be when my sons were small. Those were the best years of my life. And going with today’s summer theme, I remember other Moms complaining that they couldn’t wait for the summer vacation to end so their children would be back in school, whereas I loved when my boys were home on vacations from school. Our house was the go-to house in the summer since we had the pool. At 10 am, their friends knew that the pool would open and they would spend their days here. My husband would complain a little because he couldn’t understand why the grocery bill was so much higher. But feeding approximately 8 other boys, besides our 2, in the pool all day, made for a much needed well stocked refrigerator/pantry..