It’s starting !!!! Can you feel it in the air? Are you like me? Are you getting excited? Have you been stalking a particular site yet? I’m not going to lie, I have. And since 2011 was a non productive year in reading, it also means that my 2nd addiction, reading challenges, I didn’t do well in neither. So I am gearing up, taking a positive attitude that 2012 is going to be better, that more books will be read and more challenges completed.
So this is my kick off post of the challenges that I have signed up for and will be participating in. And I am sure there will be many more to come.
First, I want to thank the team over at A Novel Challenge for giving us addicts a site to go to and find all challenges, memes, events, read-a-thons, etc., a big THANK YOU!!!
It’s that time of year where we finally admit to our addictions and try to do something about them. Some of us need to admit we have a bit of a problem. Some of us need to admit we have a huge problem. Some of us just really want to enjoy each other’s pain and humiliation while completing challenges. So we are challenging each of you who can also say that you also are a Reading Challenge Addict. We’ll be giving away prizes and recognizing those who are meeting their own expectations by completing the challenges they’ve entered.
How addicted are you?
- Easy as Pie: 1-5 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
- On the Roof: 6-10 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
- In Flight: 11-15 Challenges (Entered & Completed)
- Out of This World: 16+ Challenges (Entered & Completed)
Pike’s Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 25 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 40 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 50 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100+ books from your TBR pile/s
And the rules:
*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you’re on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.
*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2012.
*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2012.
*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2012. No ARCs, no library books. No rereads.
*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.
*Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.
*A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate. If you have a blog, then please post a challenge sign up and link THAT post (not your home page) into the linky below. Non-bloggers, please leave a comment declaring your challenge level.
*A progress site for reviews will go up in January and I will post the link in my sidebar for easy access.
- Anyone can join
- You don’t need a blog to participate. For non-bloggers, please leave a comment with a link (if you review somewhere else) to the review or leave a list of the books you read on the monthly link up post.
- Audio, ebooks, and bound books are ok.
- No re-reads
- Create a sign up post and post the link in the linky below.
- Challenge goes from January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
- Challenge Crossovers are ok.
Level 1 – Read 4 Romantic Suspense novels
Level 2 – Read 10 Romantic Suspense novels
Level 3 – Read 14 Romantic Suspense novels
Level 4 – Read 15+ Romantic Suspense novels
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate. Create a post about the challenge and link your challenge post up in the linky below.
–Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.
2. There are four levels:
–The Mini E-Book Challenge – Read 5 E-Books.
–The “Fun Size” E-Book Challenge – Read 10 E-Books.
–The Jumbo Size E-Book Challenge – Read 20 E-Books.
–The Mega Size E-Book Reading Challenge – Read 25+ E-Books.
3. No Audio or Print books.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. The Challenge starts on January 1, 2012 and goes until December 31, 2012.
- Runs January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012 (books read prior to 1/1/12 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2012 than you did in 2011. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you could track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books
What qualifies for this challenge?:
1. Actual Advance Reader Copies – this includes from tour sites like ATW Tours.
2. Any book that YOU ARE ASKED by either an author, publisher, publicist, media group, etc. to review.
What does NOT qualify for this challenge?:
Any book that YOU personally asked for a review copy of.
- Anyone can join.
- You don’t need a blog to participate.
- Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the monthly wrap-up post on Jamie’s blog.
- Audio, eBooks, and bound books count.
- No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
- Create a sign up post and link to the linky below.
- Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012.
There are four levels:
- The Mini ARC Challenge – Read 4 ARC’s.
- The “Fun Size” ARC Challenge – Read 10 ARC’s.
- The Jumbo Size ARC Challenge – Read 20 ARC’s.
- The Mega size ARC Challenge – Read 21+ ARC’s.
NOTE: You may UPGRADE your challenge but you can NOT DOWNGRADE your challenge.