1. It is __________________.
2.The best part of last week was ____________________.
3. Every summer, I _________.
4. Once upon a time, _________.
1. It is what it is.
Right before I opened my email for this week’s Fill-Ins, my husband and I were having a discussion and he said these exact words. I thought it ironic when I saw what the first fill-in for the week was..
2. The best part of last week was I finished my Spring cleaning and started getting excited and ready for the upcoming long Holiday weekend because my son, who lives out of state, his wife, and my granddaughter came in last night to stay with us!!!!.
3. Every summer, I look forward to either sitting by and/or in the pool on my float reading. And at night sitting on the deck by the fire pit reading, sometimes with a nice chilled glass of wine. Since I’m a Summer person, I just wish the season was longer..
4. Once upon a time, I was younger and thinner.
I sometimes think if I could be granted a do-over, it would be when my sons were small. Those were the best years of my life. And going with today’s summer theme, I remember other Moms complaining that they couldn’t wait for the summer vacation to end so their children would be back in school, whereas I loved when my boys were home on vacations from school. Our house was the go-to house in the summer since we had the pool. At 10 am, their friends knew that the pool would open and they would spend their days here. My husband would complain a little because he couldn’t understand why the grocery bill was so much higher. But feeding approximately 8 other boys, besides our 2, in the pool all day, made for a much needed well stocked refrigerator/pantry..