Jacob Stearne, ex Army Ranger and current Sabel Security operative, is about to propose to his girl when he discovers that “next generation” weapons are being shipped to our enemies. Some factions in the US government ask him to find the perpetrators while others work to make sure he fails. His intended fiancé does not understand his disappearance and he can’t give an explanation. When Jacob sets out to expose the billionaire intending to auction off national secrets, he is fired, expelled, and hunted by the government that once awarded him medals. If he ever wants to return to his homeland, he must insert himself into the dangerous world of technology smugglers. It’s a place where only the aggressive and ruthless survive. In the cutthroat world of modern-day pirates, every breath he takes may be his last. He must ask himself, can he outsmart the most corrupt billionaires in history before democracy is destroyed? Can he lose the woman he loves to save the nation?
Published by: Machined Media
Publication Date: February 18th 2020
Number of Pages: 300
Series: Sabel Security Thriller #8
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Goodreads
Seeley James’ near-death experiences range from talking a jealous husband into putting the gun down to spinning out on an icy freeway in heavy traffic without touching anything. His resume ranges from washing dishes to global technology management. His personal life ranges from homeless at 17, adopting a 3-year-old at 19, getting married at 37, fathering his last child at 43, hiking the Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim at 59, and taking the occasional nap.
Seeley’s writing career began with humble beginnings including publishing short stories in The Battered Suitcase leading to being awarded a Medallion from the Book Readers Appreciation Group. Seeley is best known for his Sabel Security series of thrillers featuring athlete and heiress Pia Sabel and her bodyguard and operative, veteran Jacob Stearne. One of them kicks ass and the other talks to the wrong god.
Seeley’s love of creativity began at an early age, growing up at Frank Lloyd Wright’s School of Architecture in Arizona and Wisconsin. He carried his imagination first into a successful career in computer technology sales and marketing, and then to his real love: fiction.
10 facts about Jacob Stearne the reader doesn’t know
1. Hometown – Donnellson, Iowa which is in the middle of the state that is the heartland of the country.
2. Siblings – He has an older sister, Joyce. After a coin toss, Joyce inherited the family farm and Jacob found a life in the US Army.
3. School – Jacob was accepted to Iowa State University and completed his freshman year when the War on Terror began. He enlisted in the Army and volunteered for the Ranger school, where he is enshrined in the Ranger Hall of Honor.
4. Career – Due to the nature of special operations missions, Jacob is not allowed to talk about his eight tours of duty until 2045. That may be extended. He now works for Sabel Securities as a Senior Operative.
5. Friends – His best friends are Miguel Rodriguez and Tania Cooper, his pals from the service who followed him to Sabel Security. The company owner, Pia Sabel, considers him the brother she never had, but their relationship is strained
6. Food – In an alternate universe, Jacob would have gone to cooking school and become a chef. He still loves to cook and eat what he cooks, favoring James Beard Foundation recipes.
7. Movies – He doesn’t have good luck with movies. Last time he went, a bomb went off. He tries to spare the general public from the assassins who track him down.
8. Books – He is a big fan of Seeley James, keeping a novel on his nightstand in case he can’t get to sleep. A Seeley James novel makes a guest appearance in every book.
9. Car – Jacob had a VW Jetta, but it was destroyed by terrorists. Pia Sabel gave him a Ferrari, but it was destroyed by terrorists. In fact all of his cars have been blown up. He has given up and is currently without wheels and relies on his (understandably reluctant) friends to drive him around.
10. Music – Jacob plays the sax and loves Jazz.
Read an excerpt:
Visit these other great hosts on this tour for more great reviews, interviews, guest posts, and giveaways!
This is a rafflecopter giveaway hosted by Partners in Crime Virtual Book Tours for Seeley James. There will be 2 winners of one (1) Amazon.com Gift Card each. The giveaway begins on February 17, 2020 and runs through March 22, 2020. Void where prohibited.