A Pound of Flesh
by Alex Gray
on Tour November 6 – December 6, 2017
In the depths of a freezing winter, Glasgow finds itself at the mercy of not one, but two serial killers
This is Detective Inspector Lorimer’s worst nightmare and beyond anything he’s faced in his many years on the force. Can he find a link between the brutal slaying of prostitutes in the back streets of the city and the methodical killing of several unconnected businessmen?
When the latest victim turns out to be a prominent Scottish politician, the media’s spotlight is shone on Lorimer’s investigation. Psychologist and criminal profiler Solly Brightman is called in to help solve the cases, but his help may be futile as they realize that someone on the inside is leaking confidential police information. Meanwhile two killers haunt the snowy streets and Lorimer must act fast, before they strike again…
Check out my review HERE and enter the giveaway
Genre: Mystery & Detective
Published by: Witness Impulse
Publication Date: November 7th 2017
Number of Pages: 368
ISBN: 0062659227 (ISBN13: 9780062659224)
Series: DCI Lorimer #9
Purchase Links: Amazon 🔗 | Barnes & Noble 🔗 | Goodreads 🔗
Alex Gray was born and educated in Glasgow. After studying English and Philosophy at the University of Strathclyde, she worked as a visiting officer for the Department of Health, a time she looks upon as postgraduate education since it proved a rich source of character studies. She then trained as a secondary school teacher of English. Alex began writing professionally in 1993 and had immediate success with short stories, articles, and commissions for BBC radio programs. She has been awarded the Scottish Association of Writers’ Constable and Pitlochry trophies for her crime writing. A regular on the Scottish bestseller lists, she is the author of fourteen DCI Lorimer novels. She is the co-founder of the international Scottish crime writing festival, Bloody Scotland, which had its inaugural year in 2012.
This was the 5th book that I have read in this series so I asked Ms. Gray what are 10 facts about DCI Lorimer that I may not know.
Ten little known facts about DCI Lorimer
Did you know …?
1. Lorimer never intended to be a police officer ~ he had hoped to pursue an academic career as an Art historian.
2. He has no brothers or sisters.
3. Both of Lorimer’s parents died before he left High School; his father of cancer, his mother of a brain aneurysm.
4. Lorimer enjoys watching soccer though his sport as a youngster was rugby.
5. Before he met up with Solomon Brightman, Lorimer was very skeptical about criminal profiling.
6. He is kept pretty busy as you can imagine but did you realize he often forgets to have a regular haircut?
7. Lorimer’s birthday is February 7th which makes his star sign Aquarius. He has several traits typical of that sign eg humanitarianism, fighting for causes, being a good listener and a highly intellectual person that likes helping others.
8. Everyone has a weakness and Lorimer’s is that he suffers from claustrophobia.
9. So far Lorimer and Maggie have not visited Australia (unlike me) but it is high on his wish list, particularly to see the fabulous bird life.
10. His preferred brand of whisky is an Islay single malt named Bunnahabhain.
Read an excerpt:
Visit the other great hosts on this tour for more great reviews, interviews, guest posts, and giveaways!